Sunday, June 12, 2011

My college life :: Episode 07-11

This is a post after a long time ,I thought of writing about my college life which is a milestone in my career and a memorable experience.All the folks of my batch I want to share the following lot with you FINALLY :) I shall describe this journey yearwise to keep it brief and interesting.

1st year:
I stepped into a place which I never heard before but I had crossed through this Durgapur JN many times while going to and fro Calcutta/Kolkata.I started with all new faces around ,I knew nobody except my brother Shivek Agarwal he was in 2nd year that time.He supported me and guided me through every step out them.Nepali seniors were very supportive and fun loving.We spend many memorable and enjoyable moments with them.Whether it's family picnic or any other family occasion.Life was quite exciting then as going to city center was very interesting and too much of fun.I interacted with almost everybody in Hall9 and spend my time with nepali friends specially Yudhir,prakash,rajiv,manoj and Nirjhar.Exam time...most of the papers vomited guesses for them....but I screwed up my 1st sem results scoring mere 7.76.I was quite disappointed and some friends helped me out to come out of this shock.In second sem I was quite motivated to focus on studies ,and I woke up thinking it's high time as time is running very fast if I don't perform well the whole engg. degree will of no use being a 7 pointer.It was 2nd sem exams and we were newly cought up by PETER ANSWERS.com .This is a very addictive and funny website until the person comes to know the truth and continues to be superstitious.Still somehow I could score well between loads of fun and Jolly statements by Yudhir ,Nirjhar on peteranswers .I was a part of GNU/LUG..Got to know about the open source world..and my addiction to UBUNTU began :)

2nd year,3rd year:
I entered CSE Deparment and I from my last blog post you can estimate my interest for the subject-Computer Science.I liked most of the subjects except few...CMOS,NMOS...I couldn't build my interest for that please ...........I was interested in software.A girl(I won't name her) came into my life..We started with likeness ,same department,similar passions and goals...brought out close and we started helping each other ,working towards our goal forgetting the world for a while.We were so involved in our work and ourselves we didn't give ample time to friends and people around(Few of my friends had problem which i came to know later on).Keywords I would like to mention...Library,Profs(we ran after projects also),working on codes,STL etc,First benchers,Padhakus,bookworm.I was performing well in my Semesters not so great but it was satisfactory.In 2nd year summer break I did a training at Delhi on Networking which was to utilize my time and poor knowledge on what is good or bad and 3rd year summers I prepared for Interviews,coding,Aptitude and brushing up my skills which I felt imporant for interviews.
Final year:
Session started in July and I found Novell is the first Dream company coming for CSE and made my preparation more specific and it was 5th August ..I appeared and Cracked it...:) I was quite relaxed after a job and very confident (cracking on the first go matters a lot).Few friends told me in the race you have forgotten us,you din't keep a proper balance between the girl and friends..work and friends....I thought yeah I was wrong but I was quite serious on the studies and I liked it too.It happens with everybody ,if you are involved with something very much it's quite difficult to focus on something else.For me it's always 0 or 1 .I can't go fuzzy.But after the job I started correcting it.Started keeping balance which i know it was difficult but still I tried my best.I was isolated in 2nd and third year ...It was little contributed by me little by my friends..After Novell...I started having fun...Enjoying...walking out to CC almost everyday...Dining out...Freaking for no reason..I wanted to taste every minute of my last year.Novell was taken over by attachmate and again I became low about my future.We Novellites (Saurabh,kapil,subhasis and me) had some bad times too..but still we were confident to face the consequences.In the meantime I heard Microsoft will be coming to our college for placement.It was 3rd time ..announced the same line.I was hopeless ,after preparing for 2 times..I thought of preparing again for the last time..I sat for the interview and cracked it.:) I was very happy to know the results as that girl who was my gf also got placed with me.It was moment of rejoice and celebration.Then started the season of treats and dining out with friends.I remembered everybody who were important to me..In the meantime I interacted a lot with Saurabh koar,kapil and subhasis and shared good friendship which I din't in first 3 years....After a month I was invited for New hires day at Hyderabad which was quite a fun and I will share with you soon :).There are few bad and sour memories of my college too...concentrating when full music in being played in the hostel wing...Some of my friends misunderstood me...and finally they stayed in they attitude and me too..Now I don't know when we shall meet next...It's Alvida Bidding to everybody...Truly speaking...I understood little about the memories and I gonna miss my college in last few days..but right now I miss it like anything..I hate to think of the day when going back to college for results when nobody will be at the college to laugh with you in the corridor of the wings,pull your legs and discuss on a silly issues of all over the globe...Empty mess...But finally I want to thank my college...for making me whatever I am today...capable of sustaining every where with any kind of food...making my food habits flexible..and my self development..and I thank all my friends..who beleive I am worth a friend ..Knock me anytime I will be right there for you.:) Finally Signing off from NITDGP both officially and unofficially....Leaving durgapur...college,89 cinemas,suhatta,junction all the restaurants(with and without discounts :P) in durgapur..LH more,Jhoops,Techno and all the canteens...CC,Department..Library( best place in college) and every street within ...All are my memories..and I dive into the sea of nostalgia while thinking of them.. After all it's life one has to move on...Hyderabad I am coming...:)

7 comments:

Vj said...

all da best bro :))

vasu i said...

All the best ... nikhil bhai ..:)

Ankul Garg said...

lets meet in hyderabad .. :)

nik.agarwal said...

@vj and vasu...thanks a lot..@ankul definitely we shall..:)

pooja said...

all d best Niks :)))))

nik.agarwal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikita Agarwal said...

Read it again after a long time, nostalgic feelings!